Thursday, August 8, 2013

Backside of 40

I remember being 22 and thinking that I was never going to be old!  Now, I'm on the backside of 40 (that is code for 41) and feeling almost every one of those 41 years.  I have swollen ankles, migraines, some sort of planters wart or callous thing on the bottom of my foot and all sorts of other other issues that need to be medically treated.

I recently went to my doctor and he told me that I should come back in for a follow-up visit.  Not wanting to go on medicine, I researched my ailment.  I decided that I should eat healthier, exercise and get more sleep.  I keep asking Fred to walk with with me at night, but he keeps saying that it is too hot.  So, I walk alone. Adding more blisters and callouses to my old lady feet.

By the way, did I mention that I'm fairly certain that I'm getting that extra padding that old women get around their middle!

No comments: