Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Man Should Kill The Bug


I went on a trip with my friends.  The place that we stayed at is a vacation home and isn't occupied everyday.  They were combating a "little" bug problem in the bathrooms.  At one point, I was summoned to kill a big coming up through the sink. 

As a teenager, I wasn't  enamoured with all things southern and I used to watch Designing Women faithfully.  I remember an episode where Suzanne Sugarbaker (Delta Burke) proclaimed that "The man should always kill the bug."  I firmly subscribe to that way of life.  However, we didn't have a man to kill the bug for us, so I beat it to death with my shoe. 

After we killed one large bug in one bathroom, we moved to the next bathroom and carefully checked that one for bugs.  Angela checked the shower and noticed a few small crawly bugs that she could handle.  She wasn't worried.  We calmly told her to look up over her head to where the biggest bug I have ever seen sat on the wall. 

We assessed the situation and decided that we had no man to take care of us, so we found a broom.  I knocked it off the wall and Angela beat it to death with a broom.  There was large amounts of squealing involved and Gracie recorded the entire fiasco.

Good news is that we survived the bug fest 2012 and I never want to kill or dispose of another bug!

No comments: