Saturday, January 26, 2013

Quotes Of The Week

 
 
Jonathan:  "I was really hoping that we would have the entire week off for Martin Luther King, Jr.!"
 
Me:  "Really?  Did you even celebrate MLK day on Monday or did you just hang out all day watching TV and playing games?"
 
Jonathan:  "Well, I would have, but I really wasn't sure how to celebrate MLK day."
 
Me (completely amused by this thought and not paying attention to my words):  "I guess you could have recited his 'I had a Dream' speech."
 
Jonathan (rolling his eyes):  "Mom, it was 'I have a Dream.'  It couldn't be past tense, because when he was talking to the people it was the present.  Ghah!"
 
---
 
Me:  "Jess, we should really get Mrs. Jamie (one of the teachers at her school) a baby gift."
 
Jess: "I really don't know what size to get.  I just know that we shouldn't get something really small."
 
Me: "And, why is that?"
 
Jess: "Have you seen the size of her lately!?!"
 
(Turns out Jess was right.  Mrs. Jamie had a 10 1/2 pound baby boy!)

No comments: