Friday, December 21, 2012

Season of Joy: Day 20

Ugly Sweater Contest

I am a day late and a dollar short on Day 20.  It has been quite the week trying to get caught up at work and home.  My house needs cleaning, I haven't finished my Christmas shopping and I have overextend myself with commitments.  But, through all the stress, I remember one thing.  I am so very blessed this season.  Last Christmas I felt very blessed, too. However, it was a different kind of blessed.  I was finding blessings in the fact that Jess was finally getting the help that she needed and deserved.  However, I was so very sad that we couldn't spend Christmas with her and that she was going to be away from us for a time.  The other concern that we had was that we didn't understand how long insurance was going to let her receive treatment.  It was a huge concern.  This Christmas, I feel blessed and thankful for the kind of stress that I am feeling.  I will take this kind of stress any day!

I am also feeling a little sad... I didn't win the ugly sweater contest at work.  Although, I feel like I was a strong contender.  Lots of people came up and told me how awesome my entry was and that they voted for me.  So, either I was a strong 4th place (there were 3 winners) or I need to demand a recount.  I would like to thank my mom for loaning me her awesome shirt.  After I offended her by asking to borrow an ugly sweater, she came through with flying colors!  Thanks, Mom!  I knew I could count on you.

No comments: