Sunday, December 2, 2012

Season of Joy: Day 2

The New Tree
 
This is the new tree that is going back to the store.  I only bought it because Fred was tired of looking at trees, and pressured me into this one.  However, when I said, "That's okay.  If this one doesn't work out, we can just buy another one next year."  He suddenly seemed more interested in getting it right the first time.  He informed me that I should not open this box until we look around some more.  It only took 18 years, but I think I might have finally found the key to getting my way in this marriage.
 
Am I sad that my tree didn't go up this weekend? Yes.  Am I relieved that we are doing some more shopping?  Yes.  What is the hang up, you ask?  We rearranged our living room last year and there isn't room for our current tree.  Last year, we had to walk sideways when walked by the tree.
 
Stay tuned. I hope to be decorating a tree tomorrow!
 

No comments: