Sunday, December 16, 2012

Season of Joy: Day 16

Jessica's Ornament
 
Last year, I didn't have very much Christmas spirit, but I managed to get my Christmas tree up just a couple of days before Jess left for residential care.  I had taken the kids shopping to pick out special ornaments for our tree that year.  I thought that might help us regain some of our lacking spirit.  We found this very special ornament for Jess.  A heart with the word 'Faith.'  It reminded us all to have faith that life would get better.
 
What a beautiful surprise when I pulled this ornament out of the box this year.  Such a beautiful reminder of how far we can come when we have faith.  While the ornament doesn't mean much to Jess, because she has been struggling with her testimony this past year, it means the world to me.  It is a beautiful reminder that we can get through trials and tribulations.  It isn't easy and doesn't happen overnight.  However, if we have faith, we can come through stronger and better people.
 

No comments: