Tuesday, December 25, 2012

And, The Hunt Is On

Guess what I spent my Christmas morning doing?  Searching for scratch-offs that my Grandma received for Christmas.  Her Christmas presents didn't make it home with her yesterday, so I dropped them off on my way to Mom and Dad's today.  There was one gift missing.  She had received a rather large pile of scratch-offs and they couldn't be found anywhere.  I looked through her bag of goodies over and over.  I called my mom and I called my Auntie Jan.  They both told me to tell her to look in her purse - even though she swore that they weren't in her purse.  Just as she suspected, they weren't in there.  I told her that I would look for them at Mom and Dad's house.  I started unpacking all of her presents.  She looked at me and said that we should look in the new shoes that she received.  I had checked the shoe box three times over, but we checked it again.  I pulled the shoes out and checked in and around the shoes.  This time I noticed that there was a cardboard piece that lined the bottom of the shoe box.  I pulled it up and she had hidden her scratch-offs in this super-secret compartment in the shoebox with her brand new shoes!  I am not sure who she thought was going to take her scratch-offs, but she hid them so well that I almost threw them away!  I was one step away from putting the shoes in the closet and throwing the shoe box away. 

I would like to apologize to my future grandchildren, because one day you will be searching for something really important that I hid from the world!  And, when we find it, I am just going to look at you and grin.  Then, I'm going say, "Well, I'll be..."   All because you can do these things when you are 92 years old.

No comments: