Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Day in Pictures

My Day
This is Fred's side of the bed. It is empty! He is on a fishing trip.
This is Jonathan's bed. It is also empty! He spent the night with my parents.

I got to sleep in. No alarm clocks... no snoring husband... no son rising way too early!

I got up at 8:00 a.m. I let Jessie sleep even later! I plopped myself down in a chair and watched CMT music videos. I never get to hold the remote... I wasn't too sure what to watch.


My parents called a little before 11:00 a.m. to let me know they were on their way. I took advantage of the time and headed out to Kroger. For some reason, I absolutely hate grocery shopping. The check out lane that I was in, didn't have anyone bagging. I ended up bagging most of my own groceries. That made me grouchy.
As I was walking to the car with my groceries, I was in a foul mood. I unloaded my buggy and noticed that the body soap had leaked on the toilet paper. I opened up my brand new container of Clorox wipes to wipe the soap off. It only made a mess, so I had to open up my paper towels and wipe everything off. Now, I'm even grouchier. I'm looking for the cart stall when a nice young Kroger manager comes by to take my cart. I thank him and then he offers me a video. I then realize that he is not a manager, but an LDS missionary. I explain to him that I am LDS and am quite embarrassed about giving this poor missionary my cart. We talked for a few minutes and then I left.
As you can imagine, it changed my perspective on the day. How can I be grouchy about grocery shopping when this missionary is out in the hot Kroger parking lot trying to spread the gospel?

Once I got home, I fixed lunch and vegged in front of the TV with Jonathan. Then we went out to the driveway for a Silly String war!

I am pretty sure that Jonathan won! However, I did get him pretty good.


Oops! I cut Jonathan's mouth and chin off!

After the Silly String war, we went out in the backyard and turned up the tunes.
We did a few chores, and played on the slip-n-slide.

Mom even enjoyed getting a little wet!
After the slip-n-slide adventures, we grabbed Jessie and headed to The Dollar Tree. We needed more Silly String. Jess decided that she wants to have a Silly String war with one of her friends. Jonathan is preparing for a war with Fred tomorrow! After The Dollar Tree, we grabbed dinner from Jonathan's favorite establishment... McDonald's (YUCK!).
We started Lion King 1 1/2 and we only got through 30 minutes before he was fast asleep.

No comments: