Friday, June 5, 2009

Frisco Grooves with Eleven Hundred Springs

Fred and I went out with our friend, Abie, tonight. Fred is going on a fishing trip tonight. I won't see him until Sunday afternoon. My parents have Jonathan tonight, so we decided to take advantage. We haven't had a date night in forever, so we had planned one for tonight. Of course, it had to be a quick date night, because Fred wanted to get on the road at 9:00 p.m. We had invited Abie and his girlfriend, Stacie. She already had plans with her cousin, but Abie still came along.

A local bank sponsors a concert series called Frisco Grooves. The concerts are every Friday night during June. I thought it might be fun, so I researched the first band. I was pretty confident that I would enjoy them. This band was country with a capital C. So, I wasn't sure that the boys would like them. Turns out that they were only moderately interested in this band. They were able to chit chat while I relaxed and listened.

Fred started getting antsy and kept asking me if I was ready to leave. Finally, he mentioned that we needed to leave before everyone else so that we could avoid the traffic. Really, he needed to get home and start packing for his fishing trip.

We had fun, though. Plus, Fred felt guilty about leaving early, so he bought me a CD. However, we both thought that we misunderstood they guy when he said that they were $20!

Eleven Hundred Springs
Fred and Abie - fighting the sun

Me

No comments: