Monday, June 22, 2009

Days 7 - 10: We Did It!

The computer was down for two of the nights. Last night I could have posted, but I chose to soak my tired bones in a hot bathtub!

Day 7
We finished up Jonathan's room. Then we started to work removing furniture and carpet from our room. I started painting late Friday night. I didn't get very far before I retired for the night.



Day 8:
We painted our bedroom a nice sunny shade of yellow and then worked on the flooring in there. Jonathan helped a little bit. Have I mentioned that he really prefers the projects that involve a hammer.
Day 9:
We got all of the furniture moved into both our bedroom and the living room. I still have to hang pictures on the walls in the living room.

We weren't able to put our headboard back on our bed. It doesn't fit on our bed frame, so we had it propped up against the wall before. However, I didn't want to scratch up my newly painted wall. I guess that will be one of our next projects is to figure out how to get the headboard attached.
Don't you just love our mismatched furniture? We have never bought a single piece of furniture for our bedroom in the last 15 years! Eventually new furniture will make it to the family budget. We put up new blinds and took down the arch. A new arch is $345! Needless to say, we are going to try it for a little while without the arch. Our bedroom faces the east, so the sun is a little rough in the mornings. We'll see how long we can hold out without filling that space.

Don't you love how the dog is sleeping on the bed instead of her pillow that is on the floor?
Day 10:
I returned to work, but Fred had one more day off. He did some yard work and hauled off the carpet. Right now, he is finishing up a small amount of trim work that he still needs to be completed.

Holy cow, I can't believe we really did it! We had awesome helpers. We couldn't have done it without Abie. He came and helped almost everyday and put in lots of hard work! My parents were also great. Glen's expertise and tools were much appreciated. We wouldn't be anywhere close to finished without these people. Thank you... thank you... thank you! I don't know how we will ever be able to repay you.

1 comment:

Eric and Amy said...

Unbelievable project! I loved following progress all week! It looks amazing and I'm sure it's even better in person. Bravo! Now go soak those bones again in the bathtub...they've earned it!