Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 6: The Big Jigsaw Puzzle

Exhaustion has set in and the work slowed down today. I don't feel like we've accomplished very much. We only have three more days to work, so we have to find renewed energy somewhere!

Fred finished the trim around the baseboards in Jessie's room. I was able to get her room put back together, so that did feel quite satisfying. I can say that I have one room completely finished.







We worked on Jonathan's room. We planned to complete his room tonight, but we just didn't get it finished.
Hopefully, we can get Jonathan's room finished tomorrow morning and then we can start painting our bedroom. This has been a very big project. I have new respect for Fred. It takes a lot of math to get the boards cut the right length and to figure out how many you need for each room. Our house has lots of angles that complicate the process. It is almost like a enormous jigsaw puzzle. If you are not good at math, this is not the project for you.

Fred and I worked together most of the day. However, Abie came and helped for a couple of hours. His help was invaluable, because it freed me up to work in Jessie's room.

No comments: