Monday, August 24, 2015

Green Eggs and 10th Grade


And, this guy started 10th grade today! Seriously, I don't know how it is possible.

He chose "Green Eggs" for breakfast.  That is his go-to breakfast when he has an important event, test or just gets to pick breakfast for some reason.  They really aren't green they are really gray eggs, but he is color blind and they look green to him.  They are gross and they make my whole house stink for a couple of days.  It is some concoction that Fred brought into our family and Jonathan loves. Eggs, tuna and cream of mushroom soup!  Yuck!  Fred dutifully makes it for Jonathan anytime there is a standardized test or something special (I think I would hurl from the smell, if I made it).  That was Jonathan's breakfast this morning.

Fred gave him a Father's Blessing.  And, he grabbed his stuff and went to the bus stop even though I had to go by his school this morning.  He felt that he needed to let the bus driver know know that he was riding the bus. He has a wonky band schedule and he felt like he needed to go ahead and establish with the bus driver this morning that he would be riding the bus.  

We had packed his school supplies on Saturday morning, but I gave him a new pen.  An erasable gel pen.  The most amazing creation in the world of pens-- besides the Flair Pen.  He thanked me, gave me a hug and away he went.  Off to be a Sophomore!  Hopefully, he has a great day!  I asked him if he knew how to catch the bus for the CTE center and he said he didn't, but he didn't seem worried about it.  I love that about him.  I would have been worried to death that I would miss my bus and then that would cause me to miss my off-campus class.  Not Jonathan.  He said, I'll just follow the crowd and find where I'm supposed to be. 

I just love that quirky, crazy, funny kid!

No comments: