Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tie One On

To get this story started, let me give you a little background.  I work for Nouveau Eyewear and we are a licensee of Van Heusen.  You might have seen their men's shirts and ties at JCPenneys and Kohls.

I received this FedEx package at work addressed to me from PVH (the parent company for Van Heusen).  I thought it was odd, but not out of the ordinary.  I thought the tie was for us to use in our display at Vision Expo (a trade show in New York).  The tie would need to be sent overnight for the show and I had already sent two, so I wasn't sure it was all that necessary.  So, I sent this picture to my boss and asked him if he really wanted the tie sent.  The entire time I kept thinking, "that tie sure would match our Easter outfits."

I noticed there was a packing list attached to the outside of the envelope, so I cracked it open and realized that it was Jonathan's Easter tie!  So, I guess that tie really did match our Easter outfits.  I had to text my boss back and let him know that he couldn't use the tie for our Van Heusen display. I guess JCPenney was out of stock and had it dropshipped from PVH.  And, that is what I get for ordering our Easter clothes online and for not paying attention.

No comments: