Friday, March 21, 2014

And We Walked


The other day, Jessie and I stopped off at the CVS to drop off a prescription.  I had to rummage around in the backseat before we went in.  For some reason, I chose to lock the door using the lock on the inside of my door handle rather than my key fob.  Well, have you ever had one of those uneasy feelings?  That is exactly what I had when I locked my door.  As soon as we came back out to the car, we discovered my keys locked inside my car.  They were sitting right there on my backseat.  Fred was reffing that night.  To my daughter's dismay, I didn't want to bother anyone, so we started walking.  It wasn't quite 2 miles home - when you drive - except that the sidewalk didn't go in a straight line.  What is that about?  Why would they make a winding sidewalk.  I guess it gave us some extra exercise.  We joked and had a good time on the way home.  Our feet had blisters and the blisters had blisters.  I kept thinking that my shoes had stretched out over the walk, but I realized that they were actually a 1/2 a size too big.  Jessica's shoes were just wallered (is that such a word) out.

We headed home to get the spare set of keys and then I was going to change shoes and walk back to retrieve my car.  We were spotted by a family from church.  Thank goodness.  It must have taken us awhile to walk, because they went home and the teenage daughter came back out after us.  She got us just as we were turning into our subdivision.  She took us back for my car.  I am so thankful for that sweet girl, because my callouses on the bottom of my feet still hurt from those stupid shoes.  If it weren't for the shoes, it would have been a perfectly lovely evening!

No comments: