Saturday, March 22, 2014

Ma and Pa


I sent a letter to Jonathan's ma and pa thanking them for taking such good care of him during trek.  I figured their job wasn't easy and I wanted them to know that I was thankful for their hard work.  They looked us up and sent Fred an email.  This is what we received.

Brother and Sister Fortenberry,
We got your note and we are so glad that Jonathan had a good time on trek. Up until he got hurt he was always willing to push or pull the handcart. He was always easy to have a conversation with when things got slow. We are proud of him for pressing on in the heat and long days. Thanks for raising such a great young man.

Two things came to mind.  1) I thought that was the sweetest e-mail ever and 2) I know Jonathan well enough to read between the lines.  He was dramatic when he hurt his knee and he talks a lot.  Still, I was relieved to know that his ma and pa seemed to appreciate his uniqueness.

No comments: