Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 8: Chronicles of Spring Break

On Saturday, we got our trekkie back.  They dropped her off before noon.  She wasn't supposed to be home until early evening.  However, the temperature had dropped in the night, and it had started raining.  She was wet, tired, and smelled like a campfire.  I hugged her, and then I sent her straight to the shower.  I spent several hours washing her belongings.  You can't imagine how wet and muddy everything was.  She reported that they walked 26 miles!  I am so proud of her.

We didn't have her back long, because she had to be back at the church at 3:30 p.m. for a fireside that went until the evening.  They had some things that they had to finish up, because they left early.  She reported that her Ma, Pa and siblings were wonderful.  There were eight kids in her family - 4 boys and 4 girls.

As for the rest of us, we cleaned house, played board games, and enjoyed the warmth of the indoors.  Oh, and did I mention that I did lots and lots of laundry?

No comments: