Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 6: Chronicles of Spring Break

Early Thursday morning, I had to drop Jess off at the church for her pioneer trek.  When I say early, I mean really early... she had to be there no later than 6:15 a.m.   We started getting up and moving at 5:00 a.m.  They don't take showers on trek.  While Jess was dressing, I went into her room to pay her a little visit.  I had her raise her arms up in the air, and I repeatedly applied deodorant.  I figured that the first day would be pretty brutal, and I was worried that one little swipe of deodorant wouldn't hold.  Thankfully, she was too tired to protest.

She got dressed in her pioneer-wear.  So cute!  She was really sleepy, and was having trouble getting her eyes to focus.  She managed to get a little bit of make-up on.  I straightened her hair.  I'm not completely sure why I had to straighten her hair at 5:30 in the morning, because she ended up putting her hair in pig tails.  She was looking for a style that would work with her bonnet.  Plus, something that would last three days.

Jess is not a morning person, but she did a great job getting herself up and ready.  I was worried, because they weren't waiting on the stragglers.

I worried about her while she was gone.  I prayed for her often.  I know that it was where she needed to be, and hopefully this experience would allow her testimony to grow stronger. 

As for the rest of the Fortenberry Four?  Fred worked on his gate, and did yard work.  Jonathan spent the day playing with our neighbor, Kaitlyn.  I did laundry, and picked 14 million weeds from my front  yard.

No comments: