Saturday, July 18, 2009

Elvis Sighting in Greenville, Texas

If Auntie Jan is the cool one, then my Aunt Judy is the sweet one. I have never met anyone with a more pure heart. If I had another little girl, I would name her Julia Ann in a heartbeat. (Julia is actually Judy's name.) Just so you know, I would name a little boy, Jackson. I have no intentions of having any more kids. But, if I did, I totally have their names picked out. But, I digress.

Judy was diagnosed with cancer last September. She has been bravely fighting all this time. Our family decided to honor this special lady on her 66th birthday. We gave her a surprise birthday party at her apartment complex. By the way, her apartment complex is very much like one big college dorm for men and women over the age 60. They have all the fun without the classes and late night studying.

Since Judy loves Elvis so much, we had a 50's birthday party complete with an Elvis impersonator. She was thrilled beyond belief. There were lots of tears shed, because we were so happy to be celebrating her special day.

First of all, I apologize for the poor quality of these pictures. A certain girl (about to turn 13) changed the settings on my camera. Second of all, the captions refer to the picture above.

Sisters... tears and laughter as Judy realizes that she has been surprised. Auntie Jan, Mom and Judy.

Judy is enjoying the pink scarf that Elvis placed around her neck.

Uncle Joe's mother, Leona, and my Grandma. They are so cute clapping their hands and getting into the Elvis music.

Grandma getting a scarf and some love from Elvis.

Elvis singing to Judy.

Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Grandma getting up close and personal with Elvis.

Grandma, Judy, Elvis, Mom and Auntie Jan.

Judy had a great day! She was on cloud nine. The only thing that would have made her happier would have been if Elvis himself had been there. We love you, Judy. Happy Birthday!

No comments: