Saturday, August 4, 2012

Love and War


Our wedding anniversary is July 29th, so we celebrated on Saturday (the 28th).  We decided to check out the live music at Love and War in Texas.  I was nervous, because Fred is not a huge country music fan.  I knew one of the acts - Dale Watson - is very country.  I was concerned that Fred might get up and leave early on.  He was a trooper and stuck it out.  We sat outside on a super hot night to listen to the music.  Smoking was allowed and the seating was uncomfortable.  So, if you know me, you know that this was recipe for a migraine.  (I had also worked out and taken Jonathan to the pool, so I had already over-heated and stressed my sensitive little brain out). 

I really enjoyed it and would have had even more fun with another couple.  I really wish Fred and our friends enjoyed country music, because it would be fun to do often.  The first act was Saille Branch. I was not familiar with him.  He is a local act.  Fred said that he is a cross between Hank Jr. and Johnny Cash.


Dale Watson was awesome, but he was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.  He was very country and is based out of Austin.  I think Fred liked Saille Branch's music better, but Dale Watson was very funny (thankfully, that kept Fred entertained).  It was a great night (not counting the migraine) with great entertainment and great people watching.  Maybe I can talk Fred into doing this again!


No comments: