Friday, August 17, 2012

Hunka Hunka Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

It has been an Elvis kind of week!  Today at work the party committee served up peanut butter and sandwiches in honor of Elvis.  They buttered them up and made them on a George Foreman grill, so that it would be the best reenactment of a fried peanut butter and sandwich possible in an office environment. 

They played Elvis music while we ate our sandwiches.  I tuned the Elvis music out.  It still makes me sad...  Elvis will always remind us of our Aunt Judy and it can be hard to listen to most of the time.

However, in honor of Elvis and Aunt Judy, I did try the sandwich.  I am a huge proponent of peanut butter and banana sandwiches.  I can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I can eat them when there isn't anything else to eat in the house.  They are a favorite of mine.  I have never had one warmed up and I certainly don't know what Elvis was thinking having them fried.  I must say that they were very good warmed up.  The banana and peanut butter was super good warmed up.  Mark it down someone!  I tried a new food (sort of).

Aunt Judy and Elvis, you are missed!

No comments: