Friday, August 24, 2012

Flashback Friday: First Day of School 2006


First day of school 2006.  Jess was headed off to 5th grade and Jonathan was going into 1st.  This was the last year that my kids were in the same school together. 
 What happened to the girly-girl that was my daughter?  She wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit these days.  I'm not sure which girl is easier to shop for.  In some ways, it is easier to shop for Jess now.  But, in most ways, this little 5th grade Jess that liked all things girly was easier to buy for.

Always the crazy guy!  So little and cute.  Sometimes I wish he was that small again, but I love the young man he has become. One thing is for certain, I really do miss that blond hair and I hate that his hair is getting darker. 


They are so cute that I could just eat them up.  I love Jessica's hair.  She must have curled it or put hot rollers in it that morning.  Normally, she kept it in a pony tail with a hair bow.  Her face looks so small underneath all that hair!

Jessie (this was the last year that she was offically Jessie at school) and her homeroom teacher, Mrs. Murray

Jonathan and his teacher, Mrs. Maulden.  Mrs. Maulden was one of our favorite teachers at Gunstream.  Jonathan had her for 1st grade and Jess had her for 2nd grade.  She also tutored Jess during the summer between 2nd and 3rd grade.  And, both kids had her after school at AlphaBest.  Jonathan's last day of 5th grade we left her a little prize on her desk as a thank you for making such an impact on Jess and Jonathan's lives (and Mom's).  We were happy with most of the teachers at Gunstream, but only two would left us with an experience that I would say was outstanding. Mrs. Maulden and Ms. Towne were awesome.  Asperger/ADHD boys are hard (especially the ones that have no accommodations) - I totally understand and they both did a superb job!

No comments: