Friday, August 31, 2012

Flashback Friday: High School Musical On Ice

On March 28, 2008, we embarked on an expensive, but fun encounter with friends... High School Musical On Ice.  We started out by taking the Dart Rail to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner.  Then we walked over to the AA Center for this spectacular event where everything cost an arm and a leg.  I love this picture of Katy and Jess so intently watching the show with all of their paraphernalia.  I can't even imagine how much that stuff set us back.  I am proud to say that we occasionally still use the water bottles that our snow cones came in.  That is a good thing, because I am pretty sure that those snow cones cost way more than the Snow Cone Lady's (a popular hot spot in Frisco) snow cones.
This is the infamous picture that still gets me in trouble with Fred!  He told me that we shouldn't stay for the extra little bit of the show.  And, he told me that we didn't need to find a spot for a group picture.  Angela really wanted one and I thought she was right.  Turns out those little things that we stayed for made us miss the last train out of Victory station.  We had to walk with our sweet little kids through Dallas to find another pick-up.  Fred was cranky and to this day I still hear about how HE really had preferred to drive and how HE had really suggested that we leave the AA Center sooner.  Oh well, it makes for a fun story and a fun memory!

No comments: