Wednesday, August 22, 2012

J-U-N-I-O-R


Today was Jess' first day of school.  She will be returning to The St. Anthony School in Carrollton as a junior.  We dropped off her school supplies, saw her desk and picked up her schedule on Monday.  Her schedule isn't final.  They signed her up for their standard junior level classes, but there were two classes that she had already taken as a freshman at Centennial.  I am not sure what they are going to put her in, since they don't have a very big course selection at her school. 

Right now, she is signed up for English, Math (I'm assuming that is Algebra II since she has had Alg. I and Geometry), World Geography, Health, Technology and Photojournalism.  She is very excited about Photojournalism. 


I made this super yummy Orange Banana smoothie for breakfast.  It was delicious and we all devoured our smoothies - except Jessie.  And, she was the one that I made it for!  I wanted to make something special for her breakfast on the first day of school.  She isn't a big breakfast eater, so I thought this would be something she would for sure like.  Sadly, she said that it was too sweet.  At least the rest of us enjoyed it!  Sometimes I can't win for losing.

 
I only include this picture to show how crazy I am.  I was trying to get a picture of Jess going into the school on her first day.  I couldn't get to my camera fast enough, so it is blurry.  I felt like the paparazzi trying to get a shot without her seeing me. 
 
Getting her to pose for her annual first day of school pictures was like pulling teeth.  I had to calmly explain that I have had a picture every year!  Just because she is a junior doesn't mean she can stop posing for pictures!
 
 
I think she had a great first day and was looking forward to getting started on her photojournalism project with her friend, Sarah.  And then In Young Women's tonight, she learned about interior design, so maybe we will get inspired to do some decorating in her room. 
 
All in all, I think it was a great day for Jess!

No comments: