Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blogging from Hot Springs

The Fortenberry Four made a quick trip to Hot Springs this weekend.  We met up with Fred's family to watch our sweet cousin/nephew in a free throw tournament.  I have a soft spot for Central Arkansas (I'm sure my dad will correct me if Hot Springs is not in Central Arkansas), so when we were invited to meet everyone up here for a weekend, we jumped at the chance.

We left for Arkansas last night at 7:45 p.m.  Due to a series of calamities, we had to turn back home at 8:45 p.m.  I was frustrated that we hadn't planned better, and left something very important at home.  It turned out to be a blessing, because the cat was accidentally locked in Jessie's room.  She would have spent the weekend without food, water or a litter box.  We quickly got over the inconvenience when we realized how fortunate it was that we returned home.

We rolled into town at 1:50 p.m. last night.  We are only a little tired.  I'm sure it will hit tonight, though.  I had better run.  The kids are splashing and playing in the indoor pool, before we head out for an early dinner.  Plus, I want to take a few pictures.  It is only a couple of times a year that these boys get to hang together.

No comments: