Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Run Jessie Run


Yesterday I was driving through my neighborhood and was about to turn down my alley. I looked up to see a cute little dog running hard with a pretty teenager running equally as hard behind her. I thought to myself, “wow, look at that girl running her dog.” Then I noticed that the cute little dog wasn’t wearing a leash. Then I looked closer and realized that the cute little dog was Mollie and the pretty teenager was Jessie. Mollie was taking Jessie on the run of her life. I didn’t know that either of them could move so fast. I quickly turned down the street that Mollie was headed for, so that I could cut her off and Jess could catch her. As soon as the catch was made, Mollie had to go potty and Jess had to sit down. Poor thing, Jessie was scared to death. She had opened the front door and Mollie had slipped through.

Mollie is 16 months old and has been getting into a lot of trouble lately. We haven’t been exercising her like we should and I think she is bored now that Jessie has gone back to school. We quickly devised a plan of action. As soon as Jessie gets in the front door after school, she is to reward both dogs with a treat. Before she moves on to her teenage activities, she is to spend a few minutes giving each animal some attention (the cat has had an especially hard time with Jessie being away). After dinner, Jonathan and I will take both dogs on a walk around the duck pond. And, I am embarrassed to admit this one… Mollie will start attending doggy daycare once a week. Hopefully, she will get back to being the sweet dog that we know and love.

After dinner, Jonathan and I put our plan into motion. We grabbed a bag of bread for the ducks and invited our neighbor to come along. Off we went to the duck pond where the dogs enjoyed stretching their legs and the ducks enjoyed the bread that the kids fed them.

The ducks were happy to see us. The kids named the black and white duck Oreo.



Jonathan and Kaitlyn. I have no idea what he did to his hair. I think he was going for the spiky look, but no one told him that you can't spike curly hair.

Here are the crazy dogs.

No comments: