Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Girls Trip '09


WARNING: This is a whiny post! I have never wanted my blog to be a place to whine or vent. Self-reflection is okay, but whiny is not. However, I think this post just might border on whiny.

We are leaving tomorrow for our annual girls' trip. Everyone is excited, but me. I just can't bring myself to be excited this year. I thought about backing out of the trip. I couldn't do it - I knew that I would be angry with myself. So, I told my boss that I would stay, if she needed me. Of course, she wouldn't take my vacation away from me. I wanted her to, but she wouldn't do it. That is what I get for having such a nice boss.

I know that I will feel better once we get on the road. However, right now I'm looking for a paper bag to blow into. I think I might be hyperventilating or having a panic attack.

This will be a great trip. Everyone will survive without me... they always do. We will all benefit from me returning from the trip relaxed and stress free.

I'm off to finish all those things that have to get finished before you leave town.

Eureka Springs here I Come!

No comments: