Friday, June 5, 2015

Cutting Edge


I was getting my nails done a couple of months ago and noticed that two teenagers came in and asked for white nail polish.  The next day a couple of our girls at church had white polish on their nails.  So, I asked them if white is the in-thing.  They told me that EVERYBODY gets white.  To which I replied that I didn't think I could rock the white.  It's just a bit, well, white.  They were very encouraging and assured me that I could totally get my nails done in white.  Every couple of weeks they would check my nails and they were always a very boring color, except for the time I let the nail lady paint my toes orange.  I just did that because I never have my toes exposed and I was proving a point to Jessie that I can be adventurous.

Well, I wanted to be super cool for camp, so I went with white finger and toe nails.  It doesn't get more cutting edge than that.  Me and about three of the Mia Maids (the 14-15 year old girls at church) have white nails, so I'm feeling pretty good about myself.  I'm such a follower.  Don't be a follower, girls!



No comments: