Friday, January 31, 2014

Temple Trip With Boys


Fred and I had the opportunity to go with the youth to the temple on Wednesday.  I rode with Fred and six 13 and 14ish year old boys.  There was calm chatter all the way to the temple.  We had an amazing experience at the temple and I was so impressed with their reverence while we were there.  The temple workers expressed to me several times that we had a great group.  The spirit was definitely very strong.  It was my first time to go with the youth.  Usually, I have to work, but I took off the whole day, so that I knew that I wouldn't have any conflicts.  Afterwards, there was a stop at Braum's for ice cream.  Again, there was calm chatter all the way there.  While at Braum's, the people there couldn't get over our young men in their white shirts and ties.  They enjoyed their ice cream and we headed back to Frisco at around 9:00 p.m.  Let me tell you, that was the end of the calm chatter!  Pure excitement, bodily noises and gross talk all the way to Frisco.  I guess you can't expect boys to be calm and reverent all night - especially after they've had a little sugar!  They were so fun, though.  I could have ridden in a girl car, but the boy car was definitely more exciting!

No comments: