Monday, January 20, 2014

Merry Christmas from Lavon

We spent Christmas Eve in Lavon with my parents, my brother's family and my Auntie Jan and Uncle Joe.  We had great food, fun games and had a wonderful time as a family.  We lost track of time and ended up getting home very late.  I still had a lot to do to get ready for my own family Christmas!  I think I ended up going to bed around 2:00 or 3:00 a.m.  It was well worth it.  

We played a game called Mad Gabs (I think). It was very fun.  The words are kind of phonetically spelled and you have to look at them and figure out what they are meant to say.  They guys had William Shakespeare.  The girls couldn't see what they had, but we could hear them sounding it out and could tell what they had.  However, they just new they had William Shatner!  They just kept yelling it over and over.  "I said, Shatner, Shatner, William Shatner."  We laughed so hard.  I thought we were going to cry!

One of Lainey's favorite gifts was a dress up trunk.  Hmmm.... my daughter got an entire armoire (which she still uses) when she was that age.  I guess MaMaw was afraid Jeff would kill her if she got Lainey an armoire.  He must be more intimidating than I am!

Jessie loved her Doctor Who shoes.  She is very careful with them and checks the weather each time she wears them. 

Jonathan received a shirt made of money!  He's like Grandma.  Green is his favorite color.  He loved it.

What a great Christmas and what a great night!  I love my family and I am so thankful for them.

No comments: