Friday, January 24, 2014

My Sweet Girl


On the way to school yesterday, I mentioned to my sweet girl that there was someone that I thought we should do something special for.  I asked her if she might help me out.  I had visitors coming during the evening and would be occupied, so I asked her if she would make brownies for us to take over after my visitors left.  Instead, she decided to make a homemade cookie cake.  Now, it always drives me crazy that Fred and Jess love to try new recipes on other people.  I tend to think that we should try them on ourselves before inflicting them on other people, but who am I to argue with Jessie's generosity.  She jumped into action as soon as we got home and went to baking.  We each put together cards and headed out with our 'fresh-out-of-the-oven-treats.'  It was so cold outside that those treats probably weren't very hot when we delivered them, though.  

Some days she drives me crazy with her teen angst, but most days I have the sweetest girl ever!

No comments: