Saturday, April 20, 2013

Times Of Faith And Perseverance


I have been quiet this week.  A sad, uncooperative computer and writer's block.  I think one is fueling the other.  Fred's computer is nice and all, but he is always using it and it doesn't have all my pictures on it.  I don't want to download any on his, so I just keep using Instagram pictures, because they are easy to get to.  It is so boring... I know!  I just keep telling Fred that we need Geek Squad!

This week has been almost surreal.  There have been a couple of things that look like they are going to come together for our family that we've been waiting on for a long time.  I have been so relieved and happy.  On the other hand, our country (and our sweet state) have taken a huge hit this week with the Boston Marathon bombing and the explosion in West, Texas.  It is as all so hard to wrap your head around.

I saw a quote on Monday by Jeffrey R. Holland.  "These are the times of faith; these are the times of perseverance."

I love Elder Holland.  He is exactly right. These events don't make sense, but you have to have faith and keep going.  And, that is the way it is with all things. 

Enjoy your families and your weekend.  And, don't forget Earth Day on Monday!

No comments: