Monday, April 29, 2013

5 Minutes


Jonathan attended a Sunday Evening Discussion at church.  I was interested to hear what they spoke to the youth about.  Jonathan proceeded to tell me that the youth of today has gotten very lazy.  He said that they are lazy, because they have so many devices.  He said that some youth spend all day looking at Twitter and never read their scriptures. 

Jonathan isn't into Social Media, but he is very much into some games on his phone and he watches videos that go along with the games.  I mentioned to Jonathan that I get up every morning and check my work and home email, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.  I told him that instead of checking those accounts, I should just read my scriptures.  Jonathan confessed that he spends quite a bit of time on his phone, too.  When I tried to challenge him to give up some of that time, so that we could read the scriptures, he started stammering.

Turns out he understood the message, but wasn't so sure that he could apply it to his daily life.  A resolution always sounds great... when it is someone else's resolution!

No comments: