Sunday, July 22, 2012

Remembering Our Pioneers

This is the time of year when we take time to remember our pioneers.  Those men, women and children who gave up so much to head west to Utah.
"I will never get over being thankful to them; I hope you never get over being thankful to them. I hope that we will always remember them...Let us read again and again, and read to our children or our children's children the account of those who suffered so much." -Gordon B. Hinckley, Jan 31, 1999 Church News, Page 5

We do not have pioneer ancestors, but we are so thankful for the persistence and faithful trek west.  I cannot imagine what they must have endured.   Their testimonies must have been so great for them to have kept going not given up.  They are a wonderful example to me and I am thankful to have the opportunity to learn about them and teach my children about them.

No comments: