Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Remembering To Be Thankful

Yesterday was a long, hard day. Everything seemed like it was more work than it should have been. Last night, I stood in my kitchen having a hard time remembering anything good that had happened. I happened to be staring out into my living room where my meager little fall display caught my gaze. “Give Thanks” rang in my head, and I told myself that I needed to find something right that second to be thankful for.

Try as I might, I couldn’t think of one thing to be thankful for. How horrible is that? I have one million wonderful things in this world to be thankful for, but I couldn’t see past my rotten mood. Even more frustrated, I thought again, “Seriously, find something to be thankful for, right now!” You are totally thinking I’m crazy, aren’t you? Anyway, a little tiny voice in the back of my head came up with this one little solitary thought…

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. – John 3:16

And that, my friends, is what I found to be thankful for on Nov. 9, 2010.

No comments: