Sunday, November 28, 2010

Why?

On Monday morning, Heavenly Father decided that it was time for my Aunt Judy to go back to her Heavenly home.

Why would He choose her? That one is easy. She was the most Christ-like person that I’ve ever met in my life. I don’t mean that she was always quoting scriptures or talking about Jesus. I mean that she was good and virtuous, and lived in a manner that was pleasing to Him. So, of course, Heavenly Father would choose her.

Why did He make her suffer? That is the harder question. I have given this one quite a bit of thought. When I see Him, I’ll probably ask Him about it. Until then, I can only guess. Judy had already lived a courageous life. I was learning lessons from her long before she ever got sick. I don’t think that she had a whole lot to learn from her cancer. I can only guess that the lessons were ours to learn. I think we all took away different lessons based on our experiences. For me, I have a deeper understanding of love, serving others, gratitude, spirituality, bravery, and humor in the face of adversity. This experience has made feel closer to my Mom, Auntie Jan and cousin Tammy. How can something like this not bring you closer?

Judy had a beautiful spirit and blessed the lives of all that knew her. She will be missed.

No comments: