Friday, September 3, 2010

Wouldn't You Like to be a Pepper, Too?

 
Jessie is headed home from seminary with Mollie and a DP

Here’s the story morning glory. I am against caffeine in any form. Well, most forms. I believe it is okay to use caffeine for medicinal purposes. For example, Excedrin has saved me from countless headaches. Other than that, I think that caffeine should be avoided at all costs. I had a hard core addiction to the sweet nectar of the gods. Coke and chocolate are my two weaknesses. I kicked my Coke habit, but I’m still working on the chocolate. I have worked hard to keep my children far away from the ‘feine. Jessica has enjoyed caffeinated beverages a few times. Usually, it has been when she’s been out to eat with friends. Jonathan, on the other hand, is a caffeine virgin. Most people think it is because my kids can’t hold their caffeine. The assume that they must get hyper on caffeine. They don’t drink caffeine, because it is not healthy for their bodies. I never want them to be like me. Always living for the next Coke. That sounds dramatic, but it is so true!

As I’ve posted before, Jessica has been attending seminary. She has to get up at 5:30! She is not a morning person, at all. On the first day, she came home and reported that one of the boys brought a Dr. Pepper with him. She sincerely asked if she might try the same. I weighed my options. I decided that seminary attendance is very important. So, I took myself to Walmart and bought the smallest bottles of DP that I could find.

The first day, she and her drink went off to seminary just as happy as you please. I picked her up 50 minutes later, and her whole body was twitching. She was talking 90 miles a minute. It was crazy. Seriously, Jess really hasn’t had very much caffeine in her life, and certainly never at 6 o’clock in the morning! I can report that she no longer twitches when she drinks it.

So join in with me in singing...

I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper,
She's a Pepper, we're a Pepper,
Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?
Be a Pepper. Drink Dr Pepper.

No comments: