Saturday, September 11, 2010

Floatin' Down the River

During our stay in Austin, we headed down to Gruene to float down the Guadalupe River.   The water was cold, because of the cooler temperatures.  We got on the river early, so we missed the rambunctious crowds. 

Kicked back and relaxing on the Guadalupe
We had a great time on the river.  We were there for about three hours.  They told us it would take four hours.  I think the larger groups take longer to make it down the river.
This picture cracks me up.  Fred's head just barely made it int he camera.
The scenery was beautiful.  We saw gorgeous houses, rocks, plants and trees along the way.
This is a picture of Fred making his way down a rapid.  Fred said that the tubes were not made for his size.  He felt like he was sitting down in the river.  We met another man his size, so the two of them spent some time complaining about the tubes. (Disregard my knee that made an appearance in this picture.)
I don't know if you can see the little drop in this picture.  It doesn't look very big, but it was quite the drop.  A kid playing in the river looked at me and said, "Good Luck!"  Gee, thanks!
I'm not sure why I'm crinkling my nose up... it sure does make it look big!  I ended up with a sunburn on my thighs.  It is super attractive!
Fred and I had a great time on our adventurous weekend.  I hope that we will do it again next year.  Hmmm... what could our next adventure be?

No comments: