Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Little Slice of Heaven

Several years ago, we all got new bikes for Christmas.  I seem to be the only one that enjoys riding.  Jonathan does a little, but he gets bored easily.  He likes to ride to the park and back.  We must take the route that allows him to stay on the sidewalk.  He is very particular.

Jess rarely rides her bike, and it should probably be sold.  When she was a little girl, she loved to ride her bike.  She loved being old enough to ride around the block and back.  She felt like quite the independent girl.

Fred hasn't ridden with us in months.  He has never been one to take long walks or bike rides.  If he is going to be outside doing some sort of activity, he thinks that it must be a team sport.

So, that leaves me riding all by myself.  Generally, I have the same boring route.  Lately, I have tried to shake up my routine a little.  I have the tendency to get in a rut, so I'm trying to break free!  I completely changed up my route.  I stay on the streets and off the bike paths now.  I love the bike paths, but they can get quite boring.  I even ventured out on Coit Rd.  Don't worry, Mom.  I wear my helmet every time.
I added this little road to my route.  It reminds me of Lavon.  I love that these houses were built before 1994.  That is such a rarity in Frisco.  On the other side of the road were houses built in this decade.  It is quite an odd sight.
Then I added this stop in, so that I could get a drink and look at the hay bales.  Again, reminding me of Lavon.
And, nothing reminds me of home more than an old truck parked out in a pasture.  You gotta love it!

You'll have to forgive the quality of my pictures.  I have started venturing over to the manual setting on my camera.  I still have a lot to learn!

No comments: