Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday at Our House


Our church's Primary Program was this morning.   Each child had a little speaking part.  Jonathan had to say:
Temple blessings unite families. Matthew 16:19 says, “I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven”
The whole primary did so well.  Both the message and the songs were beautiful.  This is the first time, in a very long time, that I haven't been up front helping the kids.  I was sad at first, but it is a wonderful experience to be able to sit back and listen.


We had our weekly Family Home Evening tonight. I had planned what I thought would be a fun evening. We watched the short video clip of Thomas S. Monson's What Matters Most. In the video, he talks about not assuming that our loved ones know how we feel about them. I thought it would be a good idea for us to write a note each Sunday to different people in our lives that we love.

I failed to get the mail yesterday, so it just so happened that both kids had received Halloween cards from Auntie Jan and Uncle Joe today. What perfect timing. Since they had just received their own cards, it was easy to get them on board with our note writing campaign.




I haven't decided how we will handle picking our future recipients.  For today, we each chose a person to write to.  Jessie made a card for her Great Grandpa Goyer in Arkansas.  Jonathan and I didn't go the homemade route.  We used a store bought card, but the sentiment is the same, right?  My card is going out to my Cool Cat Grandma (she really likes it when I refer to her as my Cool Cat Grandma).  Jonathan, on the other hand, chose to write a note to his cousin, Chris.  He is fourteen years old and Jonathan idolizes him.  Jonathan sealed up the card before I had a chance to read it. 

In the pictures above, the kids are enjoying their cards from Auntie Jan and Uncle Joe.  I hate that letter writing seems to be a lost art.  Emails are fun.  Blogging is impersonal.  But, there is nothing better than getting a note in the mail. 

No comments: