Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blue Belt


Jonathan worked very hard last night to earn his blue belt from Rick's Kicks Martial Arts.  The test started at 7:15 p.m. and they worked until 8:20 p.m.  All of the kids were exhausted and so thankful when their certificates and belts were presented to them. 

We put off letting Jonathan test for his blue belt.  They wanted to test him back in May, but we decided to wait.  I didn't think it was fair to test him at the end of May when he would be taking the summer off.  I was afraid it would be too hard for him to start back in a higher level class.  Then, they wanted to test him in September.  Again, I decided to wait.  He had just started back after the summer and I wanted to give him another month before testing.  In hindsight, I probably should have let him test back in May.  I guess Mom's don't always know best.

Jonathan did a great job and we are very proud of him.  Way to go, Jonathan!


No comments: