Thursday, August 6, 2009

Smashing Times

I had a very fun night out with my wonderful friends - Angela, Gracie and Daisy. It was a silly night. At some points it was a very stressful night. At the end, I think we were all satisfied.

We had a Girls' Night Out at Smashing Times in McKinney. We were able to create our own original mosaic masterpieces.

I can't believe that I uploaded these pictures in reverse order. I am always so meticulous about that. I guess I don't think well late at night. Regardless, I think you will get the idea.


Gracie and Daisy showing off their artwork.

Daisy's work of art. We gave her a hard time about her original artwork. You can't see it but she has three little dogs in the middle of her plate. They represent her two boys and her husband, I think. We had fun teasing her, because she was an art major. She assured us that drawing nude men is much different than a mosaic plate.

My plate. I am sure it will look much better once I add the grout. I thought the project would be completed tonight. I didn't realize that you have to take it home and let it dry. After it dries, you add the grout. I showed it to Fred. He said "You paid $17 for that?" I told him that I might sell it on Ebay. He laughed and told me that I would have to pay someone $17 to take it off my hands.

The girls - Angela, Gracie and Daisy
Angela and Donna - a guy at the mall asked us last week if we were twins or just sisters.
Gracie and Daisy

There were only four of us there tonight. To the rest of the gang: we really missed you. I know that you are jealous of our masterpieces.
I am so fortunate to have such wonderful girlfriends. Angela is practically family (see my earlier post about Aunt Angel). We have known Angela for about 17 years. Gracie and Angela have been friends since they were kids. I met Gracie at the same time that I met Angela. No, I didn't name my dog after her. Daisy is a new friend. I've only known her for a year, but it seems like it should be longer. Thank you ladies for being such wonderful friends.

No comments: