Monday, January 19, 2009

Your Mother Knows Everything

For those of you that don't know my very talented brother, he plays trumpet in the Army. He is stationed at Ft. Benning in Columbus, Georgia. He has the not-so-fun job of playing Taps during funerals. Because of his job, he gets mentioned in area papers and sometimes there will be a video clip of him on the local news.

Apparently, my mom googles Jeff's name occasionally to see if his name has been mentioned in any of the papers in Georgia. Well, I'm assuming that is why she googles his name. I'm sure she isn't checking up on you, Jeff. This last time she googled him, she received several hits. Turns out Jeff played at Former Attorney General Griffin Bell's funeral. He was the Attorney General during Carter's administration.

Jeff, how do you forget to tell your family about something like this? At least, President Carter wasn't able to attend the funeral. I'm sure Mom would have been really mad if you had played in front of a former President and then "forgot" to tell her.

Here is the quote from Fox 5 Atlanta:
Members of the Georgia National Guard Military Funeral Honors Team served as pallbearers and Sgt. Jeffrey Forthman from the 283rd Army Infantry Center Band at Ft. Benning played taps. Afterward, the honor guard folded an American flag, which was presented to Bell's wife, Nancy Kinnebrew.

By the way... I love this picture of Mom and Jeff. We got that look A LOT growing up. If I could do that, I would never have to raise my voice, again!

No comments: