Friday, January 15, 2016

My Steven!


One of the best things about Christmas was getting to have lunch with Steven Parker!  You just don't even know how much I love Steven.  He is one of my oldest and dearest friends.  When I say oldest, I don't mean that he is literally old.  I mean that I've known him for a really long time.  I've known him for almost as long as I can remember.  He knows a lot of my secrets.  Too many.  Hopefully, his memory is fading.  We spent hours and hours on the phone when we were young.  I should probably send his dad an apology letter or send him a gift card or something.  

I remember that I was so homesick those first few weeks at UNT (yes, I am aware that I was only an hour and fifteen minutes away from home).  I was sad to leave my family and sad to leave Fred.  How thankful I was to have Steven there with me.  We had so much fun together.  1992 is still one of my favorite years!

Steven and I met for lunch at this cute little restaurant in Wylie.  It was in an old house.  How fun is that?   We talked and talked.  I could have sat there and talked all day.  I'm so glad that he made time for me while he was in town.  My dear friend lives in Colorado now, so we haven't seen each other in several years.  Mostly, we fill each other's Facebook walls with Steel Magnolias quotes and text occasionally.  My dream would be for him to move to Frisco and teach at IHS.  My ultimate dream would be for him to be my next door neighbor!

Steven, thank you for a great afternoon!  I love you and miss you, my dear friend.


No comments: