Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Mountain Man Rendezvous


Jonathan had the opportunity to attend some sort of Mountain Man experience from December 29th through the 31st.  I can't even pretend to understand what it was all about.  Fred grew his beard out and went for one night.  I think they participated in activities that were reminiscent of the olden days.

Our friend, Tony, was nice enough to send me these pictures while they were away.  The climbing picture was accompanied with the message that read... "He was a little nervous going over the cliff."

I know that there was no running water, so he went three days without a shower.  THREE days.  I think they brought in port-a-potties for this thing, because-- well, no running water.  You can't even imagine how fast I washed his clothes.  He used his good UnderArmour IHS band duffel bag.  I Frebrezed it.

The best I can tell, Jonathan had a great time, and Fred was sad that he only went for one day.  Unfortunately, he just couldn't get off, because of the timing during the holidays.

We are so thankful for these experiences that both Fred and Jonathan have had over the last couple of years.


No comments: