Thursday, November 20, 2014

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 20



Today, I am thankful for music and those that have the gift of musicality (is that a word?).  I love music.  I listen to it all day long.  I listen to all types of music and I have to confess that I started listening to Christmas music several weeks ago.  I love that Jonathan is in band.  It makes my heart happy.  I enjoy listening to the band at football games and watching them during half-time.  I really think there should be a movement to bring back marches.  I am going to sound like an old woman, but I think high school bands should play more marches!  Just saying!  

During the course of the day, I listen to all kinds of music.  My current favorite song is Glorious.  You may or may not know, but I had a hysterectomy in January.  My hormones are MESSED up right now.  My sweet daughter was playing a YouTube video of that song. It was a super fan cut, which means it was tons of different people doing covers of that song and it was all spliced together.  I sat and cried and cried, because I was so moved.  You should definitely check it out. My favorite versions are David Archuleta or Lucy Scholl.  I like them both.  But, there are tons of different versions out there, because David challenged his fans to cover his song.

Music is not my talent, but I am so thankful to those that have that gift and choose to share it.

No comments: