Sunday, June 2, 2013

Random Thoughts On A Sunday


Sidewalk Chalk and Bubbles
This is what happens when Jonathan and I dig around in the shed.  We found brand new packages of sidewalk chalk and bubbles.  Who says you have to be young to enjoy those things.  Jonathan and I had lots of fun this evening being silly. 

Twelve Cents
Our church service doesn't start until 1:00 p.m. I was completely ready and decided to go sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  As I was gathering my stuff, I overhead a most interesting conversation between Fred and Jonathan.  Yesterday, we were out shopping and Jonathan wanted to make a purchase, but didn't have his wallet.  Fred spotted him the money.  This morning Fred was reminding Jonathan that he needed to pay up.  Jonathan delivered the cash that was owed.  Fred looked it over and informed Jonathan that he was 12 cents short.  I was surprised that he was going to fuss over 12 cents.  Jonathan has tons of money hoarded in his room, but must not have had exact change.  I heard him tell Fred that he would be right back.  He knew exactly where he could get 12 cents.  He saw some change in the "washin' room!" (Not sure when we started calling the laundry room the washin' room.)  He ran off to confiscate all the change I had claimed from this week's laundry.

Lip Syncing in Church
I am the world's worst singer.  I lip sync in church.  Fred must not have figured that out, because he is always trying to point to the words in the hymn book like I'm a little kid.  I can read music.  I know where we are.  I just choose to be kind to those around me.  Today, we sat in front of this little girl that was singing like crazy.  She wasn't worried about those around her.  She wasn't worried whether or not she hit a note correctly and whether or not those around her were bothered.  She was just worried about singing for her Heavenly Father.  It was awesome.  She belted out "I Stand All Amazed" like it was her favorite song in the whole world.  Her mom apologized afterwards.  No way.  She should be proud.  We should all belt it out like that.  I would like to be just like her, but I know that next Sunday I'm going to come in and lip sync again.  But, its a nice thought.


No comments: