Monday, June 10, 2013

Enchanted Rock

We took a little trip to Llano see Auntie Jan and Uncle Joe over Memorial Day weekend for some gold ole fun. Almost all of us decided that hiking Enchanted Rock near Fredericksburg would be a grand adventure.  (Fred didn't want to based on the principle - he didn't want to pay $7 per person.)


Once we talked Fred into turning the car back around and head towards the gates of Enchanted Rock, I wasn't quite sure what we were getting ourselves into.  However, it was too late to turn back. 

We all headed up this rock that seemed to go straight up and I'm happy to report that there were no casualties.  


I thought we would never get to the top.  When we finally got there the scenery was beautiful, but it was extremely windy.  I felt like my cap was going to blow off at any moment.


Jonathan is usually a slow hiker when he is on flat land, but he did great.  I guess the key is having him hike straight up or down.  Who knew?


Uncle Joe was the fastest hiker.  He left us in a cloud of dust.  I wasn't sure if he even waited at the top.  I thought maybe he kept going down the other side.  Not sure how he climbed that fast.


It was a beautiful hike and I think that everyone should visit Enchanted Rock.  Definitely visit it in the spring before it gets too hot.  I can't imagine doing that hike in the dead of summer.  If we had tried that in July, I'm pretty sure I would have turned around gone back to the car.  Just sayin'!

Jess (who isn't an outdoor kind of girl) was with MaMaw and Grady celebrating Jeff and Lainey's birthdays. 

No comments: