Friday, May 24, 2013

Pizza Night, Part Deux

A couple of weeks ago, we tried out Fortenberry Family Four Pizza Night.  It was fun, but one of the pizzas was almost inedible.

I refused to be conquered by pizza dough.  I bought a second pizza stone.  I turned my stove down and cooked my pizza for less time and refused to obey the instructions that said that I should put my rack on the bottom rung.
And, whah-lah (or however you spell that), we were much more successful!  Only catastrophe was when I trying to heat the olive oil for my chicken and onions while working with my dough.  This girl does not excel at multi-tasking.  It takes a lot of muscle to get burnt olive oil off the bottom of a pan.


Jessie's Spinach Alfredo pizza was not pretty.  I could not make that pizza round for anything.  But, the BBQ Chicken pizza was pretty spectacular looking and both were delicious.

I say next week we branch out and pick a new flavor.  Unfortunately, I'm dealing with teenagers.  They really aren't into branching out and trying new flavors.

I'm just relieved that I tackled pizza dough.  Next, I'm going to try breads and pies.  I WILL overcome my fear of dough!

No comments: