Monday, October 8, 2012

Tuesday Night Lights

I had no idea that band was going to be such a big deal in 7th grade.  There have been football games, pep rallies, sectionals and a concert.  In a couple of weeks, Fred is chaperoning a six flags trip.

The middle school band played at two different football games this season.  Fred just happened to be busy both those days, so I carted him up to the high school field.  One week they played at the 8th grade games and then the next week they played at the 7th grade games.  The second week, Jess thought she might like to attend.  One little problem.  Fred was at the Monday Night Football Game watching Chicago stomp on Dallas and he had the Durango with him.  Turns out, I cannot fit both kids AND Jonathan's tuba in my car.  I felt bad having to tell Jess that she had to stay home - unless we could figure out a way to strap the tuba on top of the car or hook it to the back like a little trailer.

I think it is wonderful that the middle school band is playing at the games.  It is great practice for them before they get to high school.  Only one thing, I really wish Jonathan had played the clarinet.  It is hard to get the big, heavy tuba across a parking lot and into the stands.  I told Jonathan that, too.  He told me that he couldn't play the clarinet.  He could never put a piece of wood in his mouth.

I am so glad that I was the one that took Jonathan to his football games.  Fred would have dumped him at the gate.  I stayed the entire time and listened to him, because I am his biggest fan. 

No comments: