Thursday, October 25, 2012

I'm Back...

I'm back!  I took a little trip over the weekend and then came back not feeling so spiffy.  Once I was back up to speed, I was trying to catch up at work and catch up at home.  Sometimes it isn't worth going out of town, but I really needed a little break.

I wish I had a picture to post of Jess.  Her school celebrated Halloween today - complete with costumes.  We received the notice on Tuesday that they would be able to dress up on Thursday.  It really didn't give us much time to react.  Jess wanted to be a Pokemon trainer, but we couldn't find all the right pieces.  Her 2nd choice was Michael Phelps.  We copied our sweet friend Laura's costume from a couple of year's ago.  I drew abs on a white shirt. She wore the white shirt adorned with abs with a pair of track pants.  She had gold medals to wear around her neck.  She brought swim goggles and a swim cap, but I think she decided not to mess with those two aspects of the costume.  She was seriously cute.  Sadly, she refused to let me take her picture!  I have nothing to show for our five minutes of hard work.  The hardest part was trying to find a bunch of gold medals!

She might go trick-or-treat on Wednesday, so perhaps there will be another opportunity to snap a picture.  Apparently, Jess has been talking to her Aunt Angel and feels that it is perfectly acceptable to trick-or-treat until you are 18.  She told me today that she really doesn't understand why Jonathan gave up on Halloween so soon (5th grade was his last year and that year he wore a cape and handed out candy - no trick-or-treating for him).

You gotta love a girl who enjoys Halloween!

No comments: